Western Herbal Medicine Classes
New classes offered by Natural Health & Wellness School of Natural Medicine.
Back Yard Medicine
Master Herbalist Program
This program is offered on Sunday afternoons from 1:00 until 5:00 PM. I am sure that we will be staying late most days with questions and answers, but that time is not required as part of the program.
The next class will start May the 19th and run threw July 14th, with no classes on June 16th for Father's Day.
The Back Yard Medicine class is a VERY hands on program that will introduce participants to locally grown and or widely available Herbs and plants that can be utilized to better your health.
The curriculum covers:
- Identification of over 60 different herbs and plants
- How to grow many of the Herbs and plants discussed in the program
- How to use the herbs in ways such as:
- Teas , Tinctures,
- Syrups , Salves
- Compresses , Poultices
- Infusions , Oils
- Ointments , Butters
- Wines , Baths
This is the introductory part of the program to the second half. Each student will be given a small amount of each of the herbs we will be discussing in the class. No tests are given, but students are encouraged to go home and use their herbs to make their own herbal remedies that they have learned in class.
"Master Herbalist Program"
The Master Herbalist Program class will discuss body systems and conditions of the human body. As we discuss these ailments of the body we will apply the uses of natural herbal compounds in the treatment of these ailments.
The curriculum includes:
- Legal and Ethical issues in Herbal medicine
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Systematic approach to identifying illness and their causes
- Western Medical Terminology
- Back Flower Remedies
- A review of body pH
- Herbal Treatment methods
- Amino Acid treatment methods
- Vitamin treatment methods
- Essential Oils treatment methods
- Herbal dosages
- Weight Loss Management
- Food Therapy